- Our Story
- Community Life
- Social Justice
Adding to Your Understanding
Some say it resembles a graduate school class. Others say it's a great prelude to the worship service. It's Dumbarton's Adult Education program, broadening Dumbartonians' understanding of the church's mission, the Bible and global issues. (It's also easier to find parking by coming earlier.)
- Time: 9:30 a.m. for coffee and refreshments. 10 a.m. for the program.
- Date: Every Sunday from September through May (with a few exceptions on Easter and some holidays in the Social Hall at Dumbarton United Methodist Church.
- Format: A speaker discusses a topic, often with slides or Power Point presentation. A question-and-answer period follows.
|Bible Study on Psalms||Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 7:15pm||
Mary Kay Totty is leading this short term Bible Study on the Psalms. This is the second of three Thursday sessions. Come learn, discuss, and reflect on Psalms. All are welcome.
|Bible Study on Psalms||Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 7:15pm||
Mary Kay Totty is leading this short term Bible Study on the Psalms. This is the third of three Thursday sessions. Come learn, discuss, and reflect on Psalms. All are welcome.
What Participants Say
- "I love the surprises. The half hour before the discussion--with coffee and delicious pastries--sets the stage for programs around eternal dilemmas as well as the week's major events."
- "One week, a member shares his passion for the music of J.S. Bach; the next, we might hear a major national figure talk about peacemaking in areas of religious conflict."
- "Good coffee. Good discussion. Good speakers. Good topics. Easier parking."
- "Sometimes it's about healing, sometimes it's about shaking us up. I like both aspects of a church like Dumbarton"