- Our Story
- Community Life
- Social Justice
Adding to Your Understanding
Some say it resembles a graduate school class. Others say it's a great prelude to the worship service. It's Dumbarton's Adult Education program, broadening Dumbartonians' understanding of the church's mission, the Bible and global issues. (It's also easier to find parking by coming earlier.)
- Time: 9:30 a.m. for coffee and refreshments. 10 a.m. for the program.
- Date: Every Sunday from September through May (with a few exceptions on Easter and some holidays in the Social Hall at Dumbarton United Methodist Church.
- Format: A speaker discusses a topic, often with slides or Power Point presentation. A question-and-answer period follows.
|Adult Ed: Shirley Timashev-- "Comforting the Afflicted & Afflicting the Comfortable"||Sunday, December 7, 2014 - 10:00am - 10:50am||
“Comforting the Afflicted,and Afflicting the Comfortable.” This Sunday's leader, Shirley Timashev, will organize participants into small groups for discussion of issues that can be painful during...
|Adult Ed: Ginny Lapham & Doris Warrell--recent experiences in Palestine||Sunday, December 14, 2014 - 10:00am - 10:50am||
Ginny Lapham and Doris Warrell will share their experiences during their recent visits to Palestine.
|Adult Ed: Cheryl Conway & Melany Burrill--"Carols Galore"||Sunday, December 21, 2014 - 10:00am - 10:50am||
“Christmas Carols Galore” led by Cheryl Conway and Melany Burrill. In this pre-Christmas Adult Ed session, we’ll explore origins and stories of some Christmas carols, discuss their meaning—both...
Adult Ed: Shirley Timashev-- "Comforting the Afflicted & Afflicting the Comfortable"
12/07/2014 - 10:00am
Adult Ed: Ginny Lapham & Doris Warrell--recent experiences in Palestine
12/14/2014 - 10:00am
Adult Ed: Cheryl Conway & Melany Burrill--"Carols Galore"
12/21/2014 - 10:00am
What Participants Say
- "I love the surprises. The half hour before the discussion--with coffee and delicious pastries--sets the stage for programs around eternal dilemmas as well as the week's major events."
- "One week, a member shares his passion for the music of J.S. Bach; the next, we might hear a major national figure talk about peacemaking in areas of religious conflict."
- "Good coffee. Good discussion. Good speakers. Good topics. Easier parking."
- "Sometimes it's about healing, sometimes it's about shaking us up. I like both aspects of a church like Dumbarton"