- Our Story
- Community Life
- Social Justice
Adding to Your Understanding
Some say it resembles a graduate school class. Others say it's a great prelude to the worship service. It's Dumbarton's Adult Education program, broadening Dumbartonians' understanding of the church's mission, the Bible and global issues. (It's also easier to find parking by coming earlier.)
- Time: 9:30 a.m. for coffee and refreshments. 10 a.m. for the program.
- Date: Every Sunday from September through May (with a few exceptions on Easter and some holidays in the Social Hall at Dumbarton United Methodist Church.
- Format: A speaker discusses a topic, often with slides or Power Point presentation. A question-and-answer period follows.
|Adult Ed - Stuart Johnson: “Curiosities about our Christian Faith.”||Sunday, September 21, 2014 - 10:00am - 10:50am||
Dumbarton's 'Answer Man' for questions about the Bible and Christian history has collected a number of interesting anecdotes and little-known facts. He’ll share them with our class—and answer...
|Adult Ed - Michael Manson "The Dream of Jubilee"||Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 10:00am - 10:50am||
The idea that our debts, both literal and spiritual, can be forgiven in one vast public act has been a compelling and inspiring vision. Professor Manson will lead us in discussing its historical...
- Youth and Children's Sunday School | 09/06/2014 - 3:45pm
- Meet Yvonne Agduyeng, Youth and Children's Minister | 08/29/2014 - 11:28am
- Benji Gonzalez Receives His Bible | 09/30/2013 - 8:37am
- Here's What's Happening in Children's Education | 09/17/2013 - 5:48pm
- 1 of 5
What Participants Say
- "I love the surprises. The half hour before the discussion--with coffee and delicious pastries--sets the stage for programs around eternal dilemmas as well as the week's major events."
- "One week, a member shares his passion for the music of J.S. Bach; the next, we might hear a major national figure talk about peacemaking in areas of religious conflict."
- "Good coffee. Good discussion. Good speakers. Good topics. Easier parking."
- "Sometimes it's about healing, sometimes it's about shaking us up. I like both aspects of a church like Dumbarton"