- Our Story
- Community Life
- Social Justice
Join a Group, Meet People
We at Dumbarton try to meet in small groups to know each other better. Most gatherings are at people's homes, though some are at the social hall of the church. Most commonly, meetings are on weekends. Among groups:
- Discovery Groups are divided up geographically to reduce travel time. At these groups, meals are usually shared, and people share each other's experiences of the past month. Often there is a program and a prayer. These groups nurture those in their area in times of trouble.
- Community Life Group. Like the Discovery Groups, this community shares concerns, prayers and faith issues. It does not have geographical boundaries. Around-the-circle sharing is a focal point of each meeting, and participants volunteer for worship, program or refreshments.
- Retirement Group is made up of people who are retired or planning for retirement. Among issues: Aging and life after the workplace.
- Families With Young Children. Meeting during the day or in early evening, this group discusses issues having to do with raising children while the children play in a separate room or outdoors.
- Friendly Bridge meets occasionally for a game of bridge (with no recriminations for trumping your partner's ace). The evening often begins with a potluck supper. Contact the Nurture Cluster if you are interested in playing bridge.
A Reconciling Congregation
Sunday worship is held at 11 a.m. in the sanctuary.
Youth and intermediate grades Sunday school are held at 10 a.m.
Godly Play and Children's Fellowship take place during much of the service.
Refreshments following. Nursery provided.
All are Welcome!
04/26/2014 - 8:00am
Church Open House
04/26/2014 - 12:00pm
Adult Ed: "Religion and Ethics News Weekly"
04/27/2014 - 10:00am
Sunday Worship: "Reconciled Hope"
04/27/2014 - 11:00am
Discovery Group - Northwest DC/Bethesda MD
04/27/2014 - 6:30pm
Adult Ed: Rev. Dr. David Pascua "Celebrating the Church in Mission"
05/04/2014 - 10:00am
Sunday Worship: Guest Preacher, Rev. Dr. David Pascua from the Philippines
05/04/2014 - 11:00am
05/04/2014 - 1:00pm
Discovery Group -- Northern Virginia & West
05/04/2014 - 6:00pm
05/09/2014 (All day)
- 1 of 3