- Our Story
- Community Life
- Social Justice
Join a Group, Meet People
We at Dumbarton try to meet in small groups to know each other better. Most gatherings are at people's homes, though some are at the social hall of the church. Most commonly, meetings are on weekends. Among groups:
- Discovery Groups are divided up geographically to reduce travel time. At these groups, meals are usually shared, and people share each other's experiences of the past month. Often there is a program and a prayer. These groups nurture those in their area in times of trouble.
- Community Life Group. Like the Discovery Groups, this community shares concerns, prayers and faith issues. It does not have geographical boundaries. Around-the-circle sharing is a focal point of each meeting, and participants volunteer for worship, program or refreshments.
- Retirement Group is made up of people who are retired or planning for retirement. Among issues: Aging and life after the workplace.
- Families With Young Children. Meeting during the day or in early evening, this group discusses issues having to do with raising children while the children play in a separate room or outdoors.
- Friendly Bridge meets occasionally for a game of bridge (with no recriminations for trumping your partner's ace). The evening often begins with a potluck supper. Contact the Nurture Cluster if you are interested in playing bridge.
A Reconciling Congregation
Sunday worship is held at 11 a.m. at the church from Sept. through May. Children's ed and adult ed convene at 10 a.m.
Refreshments following. Nursery provided.
All are Welcome!
Adult Ed: "Religion & Ethics News Roundup"
10/26/2014 - 10:00am
10/26/2014 - 11:00am
Worship Cluster Meeting
10/26/2014 - 12:45pm
"Everyone's Invited--Halloween Party"
10/26/2014 - 4:00pm
Trick-Or-Treat at Dumbarton
10/31/2014 - 5:00pm
Church Clean-up & Winterize Day
11/01/2014 - 9:30am
Adult Ed:Dan Sackett "Energy Flow Gives Life:
11/02/2014 - 10:00am
Sunday Worship - "All Saints Day"
11/02/2014 - 11:00am
11/06/2014 - 7:00pm
Education Cluster Meeting
11/12/2014 - 5:30pm
- 1 of 2